Name:

I started tri-ing the summer of 2000, one year after my daughter was born. I figured I could do all the sports seperately, but could I do them all together? Well, did Danksin that year and there has been no looking back...

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Musselman - the aftermath

Afterwards, Suzy, Guin and I regroup and I track down my son. He's racing at 2:30 so I need to know where to find him when the time comes. He's been hanging with Mia's son and husband for the morning.

We mill around and end up at the chiro tent...so, figure, what the heck. let's get readjusted. Oh, but that felt good!

I gather up my kids - Rachel did wonderful at the water stop and earned her own t-shirt - to get Wyatt read for his race, but that's another story.

I have to say that I was (and still am) disappointed with my race. My run performance was not my best and for me, that makes or breaks my race. Something I have to work on I guess.

All in all - it is a great venue and a well run race. I would do it again. Wyatt liked his race so much that he is doing another in August in NH. Uh, oh, what have I created?!?!

Thanks for reading!

4 Comments:

Blogger smcheslock said...

Awesome, Jackie! I re-lived the whole race when I read. Now I've just gotta get my report done!

8:10 PM  
Blogger MEB said...

Way to go Jackie! Great job in that heat.

Mia

5:33 AM  
Blogger Tinkerbell said...

You shouldn't be disappointed, because you had a great race Jackie. That long bike and run course easily explain the extra 2 minutes.

5:43 AM  
Blogger Emile said...

Great report Jackie. I wonder how long that run really was? I get tthe feeling most folks kinda know when it's long.
PS good choice in wallpaper and format.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home